Watch our Entry video before you enter the Contest
1. Video contest closes on 25th February 2019
2. Finalists arrive in Fiji for 31st March 2019
3. Final Event is held on 20th April 2019
4. Ambassadorship starts 22nd April 2019
5. Ambassadorship ends 12th May 2019
Submit your Video Entry & Entry Form by 25th February 2019
7 Finalists will compete in Fiji for 3 weeks, carrying out Environmental Tourism assignments. 4 International Finalists and 3 Fiji finalists will be chosen. A Panel of Judges will select 3 Winners who will stay in Fiji until 12th May 2019 as our official Ambassadors.
Local finalists will need to get themselves to Nadi for March 31st.
Entry submissions close on 25th February 2019, after which we will pick our 7 Finalists and fly them to Fiji for 31st March 2019. Finalists who do not become Ambassadors will be flown back to the airport they flew from to transfer to their country or state of origin on 22nd April 2019 after the Final event on April 2oth 2019.
Winners will stay in Fiji until 12th May 2019 as our Fiji Ambassadors.
What we’re looking for
Someone passionate about the environment who can blog, vlog, document and present.
As a Protector of Paradise Ambassador you will be carrying out Environmental and Tourism assignments, creating unique content and promoting Fiji via Social Media.
You need to be over 20 and free to travel to Fiji for 31st March 2019. Finalists will be in Fiji until 22nd April 2019, Winners will stay in Fiji until 12th May 2019.
Show us what you can do by creating a 60 second video telling us why we should pick YOU!
The video submission must have the contestants presenting themselves to camera, showing their camera skills, their personality, their passion for the environment.
Contestants must show us a bit of their own country or their travels.
Read the full Contest rules to make sure your entry does not get disqualified as there are some specific things we’re looking for.
How to enter
Complete the steps in the Entry section below, making sure you have read and understood the Contest rules to submit a valid entry. Here’s an outline of the steps:
1) Follow our Social Media accounts
2) Create and submit a 60 second video telling us why YOU should be a Finalist
3) Fill out the entry form so we have your information and contact details
Please note YouTube and Facebook are NOT involved with this contest and have NOT endorsed the contest in any way. Video Entries are subject to the YouTube Community Guidelines. Video Entries which don’t comply will be disqualified.
By taking part in the contest you agree to follow our Contest rules. Please read these rules in full on the Contest Rules page before submitting your Entry Form.
Ready, set……. GO!!
Follow our social media accounts
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Like our Facebook page
Follow our Instagram account
Create your 60 second video
Create a 60 second video telling us why we should pick YOU!
Your video should answer these questions:
Do you love the environment?
Can you be a great ambassador?
Do you love travel?
Can you promote tourism?
Will you dive with sharks?
Can you present to camera?
Will you research and educate?
Can you capture a destination?
Do you love adventure?
Can you blog about a destination?
Can you teach kids about their Environment?
Can you travel for 2 months?
Are you fit and healthy and over 20?
Can you present to Social Media?
Video submission rules
Videos must be submitted via your YouTube account AND in our Facebook group following the instructions below for filename, title, description and keywords. Failure to do this will result in an invalid submission.
1) Film your video and edit it so that it complies with our Contest Rules and is no longer than 60 seconds.
2) Before you upload your finalised video to your YouTube account, change the video filename to “Protector-of-Paradise-Fiji-submission-*name–*country-*01011990.fileextension”, replacing *name with your first name, *country with the country you’re from and *01011990 with your date of birth in the format ddmmyyyy. Leave the “.fileextension” as it is, e.g. “.mp4”
For example Sarah Smith from UK, birth date of 1st March 1990 with an mp4 format video would change her video filename to “Protector-of-Paradise-Fiji-submission-Sarah–UK–01031990.mp4″
3) Prepare the YouTube video title field. It should be “Protector of Paradise Fiji submission by *name *country“
For example Sarah Smith’s YouTube video title would be “Protector of Paradise Fiji submission by Sarah UK“
4) Prepare the YouTube video description field. It should be “Protector of Paradise Fiji video submission by *name from *country. Visit https://www.protectorofparadise.com and https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiFb5azKcuomTqlVBjqFSFw for details about the contest. This video has not been checked or approved by Protector of Paradise and may not be accepted into the contest. Please watch, like and share my video to help give me a chance to become a Finalist in Fiji! #protectorofparadise #fiji”
For example Sarah Smith’s YouTube video description would be “Protector of Paradise Fiji video submission by Sarah from UK. Visit https://www.protectorofparadise.com and https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiFb5azKcuomTqlVBjqFSFw for details about the contest. This video has not been checked or approved by Protector of Paradise and may not be accepted into the contest. Please watch, like and share my video to help give me a chance to become a Finalist in Fiji! #protectorofparadise #fiji”
5) Prepare the YouTube video keywords field. Use “Protector of Paradise, Fiji, Tourism, Environment, contest, win, Creative 7”
6) Upload your YouTube video using the above instructions, making sure the YouTube Filename, Title, Description and Keyword fields are in the correct format with your name, country, date of birth and text as per the instructions/examples.
7) Copy your video url ready to comment on our video and send to us in the entry form in Step 3 below
8) Go to our video https://youtu.be/5HiC04dSkzo and add a comment to let us know you’ve submitted your entry. The comment should be “I’m *name from *country, check out my Protector of Paradise Fiji submission here *url” replacing *name, *country and *url with your name, country and video url.
For example Sarah Smith’s comment on the Protector of Paradise YouTube video would be “I’m Sarah from UK, check out my Protector of Paradise Fiji submission here *url-of-Sarah’s-YouTube-submission-video“
9) Go to our Facebook Group ‘Protector of Paradise video submissions group’ and request to join the group. Continue on to the next section to submit your entry – step 10 below can only be completed once we’ve accepted you into our Facebook Group
10) Once you’ve been approved by us to join our Facebook Group, you will need to upload your Video submission to this group so that our Facebook followers can like their favourite videos. When uploading your video to this group, upload it with this caption “I’m *name from *country, check out my Protector of Paradise Fiji submission video on Facebook” replacing *name and *country with your name and country.
For example Sarah Smith’s Facebook caption for the video upload in our Facebook Group would be “I’m Sarah from UK, check out my Protector of Paradise Fiji submission video on Facebook”
Submit your Entry
This is the FINAL section to submit your YouTube Video Entry and Entry Form to us!
Add protectorsofparadisefiji [at] gmail.com to your safe senders list so that you receive our emails.
Fill out the entry form below and click on ‘Submit your entry’.
When you submit your entry, you will receive an email asking if you’d like to be part of our Entry Submissions mailing list – please opt in if you wish to be included otherwise you can ignore the email and you will not be added to our mailing list for contest submissions.
The final part will be to upload your video to our Facebook Group – when we approve your request to join the group please submit as per step 10 in the section above.